What LIBA is able to accomplish depends on the strength of our membership numbers and the willingness of our members to actively participate in the growing the organization. The primary benefit of your membership is being part of a collective voice of Louisville's independently-owned businesses. We invite all local businesses to join LIBA and let your independent voice be heard!
BUSINESS MEMBER BENEFITS
• Complimentary listing in our LIBA member directory, The Buy Local Guide, (90,000 distributed annually) and online directory at keeplouisvilleweird.com/members.
• Use of the Buy Local First and Keep Louisville Weird logos
on your own advertising, website,
promotional materials, social media, etc.
• Invitations to LIBA's monthly networking meetings and
• Complimentary LIBA signage and materials for your
• Opportunity to purchase an "Only in Louisville" profile about your business.
• Businesses in LIBA buy from
one another, and some LIBA members
offer exclusive inter-member discounts.
• Share challenges and solutions with other local independent
business owners via private LIBA Business Members Facebook
• Opportunity to promote or share business information via
LIBA’s public Facebook page and
• Ability to post events to our Member Events calendar at keeplouisville.com/memberevents
• Opportunities to participate in LIBA events such as
Brewfest, Buy Local Fair, Shift Your Shopping, Independents Month, and more.
• Local businesses from communities with ongoing "Buy Local" campaigns reported stronger sales than communities without such efforts.
We could go on, but how about we let a few of our business members share their reasons for being a part of LIBA:
Individuals who are not business owners can still support LIBA's efforts with an individual membership, plus, you'll receive this cool sticker to help us spread the word.
When applying for a Business Membership, please note that we accept business throughout the area, not just in the Louisville city limits.
* The Louisville area is defined as the following counties: Jefferson, Bullitt, Henry, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Spencer, Shelby and Trimble in Kentucky, and Clark, Floyd, Harrison, and Washington counties in Indiana.
* When we ask "is your primary place of business located in the Louisville area" we are asking if more than 50% of all income generated by the business comes from the Louisville area.
Also, after your business membership is approved, you will be allowed to add more contacts to your member account.