Why Buy Local?
- To Keep it Weird: Locally-owned businesses are one-of-a-kind enterprises that are vital to the unique character of the Louisville Metro community.
- To Keep Your $$$ Local: Dollars spent at community-based merchants create a multiplier effect - a boost to the local economy. Check out our 2012 Louisville study!
- To Keep More Jobs: Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- To Help the Environment: Buying from a local business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
- To Keep Good Karma: Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains.
- To Keep Your Options: A multiplicity of independent retailers creates a greater diversity of products available to shoppers.